In addition to the food donations, the SUST veterinary consultations of the Social Work for Animals are available to refugees and their animals free of charge. This at the locations Biel, Schaffhausen, Kollbrunn, Chur, Wil SG and Olten.
Necessary data for the registration are:
- Name of pet owner
- Complete home address
- Telephone number and e-mail
- Animal species
- Breed (for dogs),
- Reason for appointment
- Is the animal neutered
In addition, the confirmation of social assistance must be sent.
The offer is directed at animal owners affected by poverty and their animals:
- Welfare recipients and/or people with addiction or mental health problems.
- Adults, whose center of life is mostly in the public space, who are not or only partly reached by the other social offers (homeless people)
- Persons or families with low income
- IV- / EO- or other support receiving pet owners
On the other hand, the Foundation does not cover veterinary expenses incurred outside the project.
The prerequisite for participation in the consultation hours is a maximum monthly income of CHF 2,500 for an individual or CHF 4,000 for a family. This is checked by means of confirmation of social assistance or the last tax statement.
Keeping a pet comes with responsibility. Therefore, treatments must also be paid for in SUST consultations whenever possible, but at a very reduced rate. The costs are as follows:
- Vaccination 30 francs (basic immunization 2x30 francs)
- Neutering female cat 50 francs
- Neutering male cat 30 francs
- Neutering male dog 100 francs
- Neutering female dog 150 francs (external procedure)
- Chip and registration cat 20 francs
- Chip and registration dog 50 francs
- Dispensed medicines: cost price
- Antiparasitics: Cost price
The next veterinary consultations will take place on the following dates:
Biel: next consultation on December 12, 2023
Chur: next consultation on - tba
Wil (SG): next consultation on January 11th, 2024
Kollbrunn / Winterthur: next consultation on January 30th, 2024
Schaffhausen: next consultation on Februar 1st, 2024
Olten: next consultation on - tba
Registration via email@example.com